Hello. Welcome to Episode 3 of this podcast. We are changing our direction and posting podcasts that are to inform Indigenous People of Canada who may have addiction recovery issues/concerns.
Having a choice and become willing.
- Choose to Approach Problems in a Cool, Calm, Collected Manner
- Choose to Rest, Relax, and Rejuvenate Your Body
- Choose to Calm Your Mind, Be Centered, and Think Clearly Under Pressure
- Choose to Be Physically Tough and Full of Energy
- Choose to be Mentally Tough, Emotionally in Control, and Action Oriented
- Choose to Communicate in a Positive, Productive, Low-Stress Manner
- Choose to Be Spiritually Strong, Resilient, and Joyful Every Day
Surrey Urban Indigenous Leadership Committee (SUILC) acknowledges that they are on the Semiahmoo, Katzie, Kwikwetlem, Kwantlen, Qayqayt and Twawassen First Nations lands.
Pain and Progress
Pain is one of my favorite topics. Lol, not in that way.
Definition – Newton Bill says “We grow at the speed of pain” Bumper sticker “Pain is weakness leaving our bodies”
We grow at the speed of weakness leaving our body. Emotional Pain.
I went to my hometown when I was about 2 years into my recovery to do a thorough and honest step 9 with as many people as I harmed, which actually was not that many. Met with some of my past friends who I drank with but was not the same. Left my hometown with depressed feeling. Half way through the 12 hour drive I thought to myself do I really want the same relationship I used to have with them because that would mean I would be drinking? Then I thought ‘no’ I would not want it to be the same so that is when I realized I had to grieve the loss of my addiction.